Quality Veterinary Care For The
Upper Arkansas Valley

Pet Slideshow

Cottonwood Vet Blog

Decon Poisoning

Peggy King - Thursday, April 21, 2011

With the spring thaw there are many things being unearthed that have been forgotton. Remember that box of Decon rodenticide that you put out before the snow fell? Well not only may the box be showing up again, any rodents that injested the poison and died may also be making another appearance (yes, eating the carcass of poisoned animals can cause poisoning in your pet!). Unfortunately your pets don't know that Decon is a very dangerous poison that can cause severe illness and possibly be fatal for your pet.

This season we here at CVS have seen numerous cases already and are hoping to end this trend. Be sure to properly dispose of any remaining poison, containers and any dead rodents that may be lying around. Some of the signs of Decon poisoning are: pale gums, respiratory issues (difficult/irregular breathing), weakness, or unexplained bleeding. If you see any of these symptoms in your pet or there is a chance your pet may have gotten into Decon call our office immediately 719-395-8900.

Comments
Post has no comments.
Post a Comment

Captcha Image

Trackback Link
http://www.cottonwooddvm.com/BlogRetrieve.aspx?BlogID=8355&PostID=215627&A=Trackback
Trackbacks
Post has no trackbacks.